click to enlarge
Door Restore Express, 5 Gallon
Door Restore Express, 5 Gallon
Now available in Original and VOC compliant formula for Southern California.
Easy application fast drying high gloss clear coat. Tack free in 5 to 15 minutes. The best way to quickly restore shine to your faded and chalking doors.
ORIGINAL FORMULA CAN NOT BE SHIPPED TO ORANGE, LOS ANGELES, SAN BERNADINO OR RIVERSIDE COUNTIES.
- Easy to use - clear one step coating can be sprayed-on with power sprayer
- Protects - extends the life of the door with UV inhibitors
- Extensible - reapply as needed to restore shine and protection.
- Self-Healing - brush out drips and imperfections with a new coat
- Fast Drying - for quick return to service
DO NOT USE strong solvents such as lacquer thinner or acetone to clean doors treated Door Restore Express as it can damage the surface. If surface damage does occur just touch up with a brush or a spray can.
prefer the big cup for painting doors. The small cup gives better
atomization and a finer finish but it is slower which makes a difference
if you need to do a bunch of doors. We also found it harder to keep a
wet edge with the small cup as the Door Restore Express dries fast (so
plan your painting so you are working in the shade when possible). We
also had one customer using the small detail brush and with the breeze
and temperature it dried so fast it was drying in the air as it came out
of the gun.
- Use the wide fan setting.
- Start with the lowest pressure and until you get a feel for the sprayer and product.
- The Door Restore Express is only a little heavier than water so you can test the sprayer with water first but if you do it must then be totally dried before use with the acetone based Door Restore Express.
- Start at the back of your property if possible, or pratice on cardboard first. Invariably you get better after a few doors so you don't want to start with the doors at the front of your property.
Surface Preparation:Remove all dust, dirt, grime, and chalk using Zap-It Chalk & Grime Buster. (PH neutral cleaners such as “Simple Green” do not break down the chalk and require substantially more physical scrubbing). Apply per label directions. If necessary hand clean with an extra fine abrasive pad to remove any remaining embedded chalk and wipe the surface dust free.
Reduction and Clean-Up: Reduction is normally not required but can be reduced with acetone as needed. Clean drips, spills, and equipment with acetone.
Conditions: Apply when surface and air
temperature is between 60°F and 100° F. Do not apply when there is a
risk of rain or if the atmospheric temperature is with 5°F of the dew
point. Avoid applying in direct sunlight when the atmospheric
temperature is above 80° F.
Application: Door Restore Express is designed to by applied in 2 to 3 thin coats. Recommended equipment is a power sprayer like Wagner MotoCoat. Make sure the sprayer you select is approved for use with acetone and other strong solvents.
Standard airless equipment can also be used but may be harder to control the volume increasing the risk of runs and sags. If using airless equipment use small fine finish tips and utilize as minimal amount of pressure as possible.
For best results apply in multiple thin coats. At least two coats are required and for longer durability a 3rd coat is recommended.
Dry Time: 5 - 15 minutes to touch and recoat, 30-45 to handle.
Restore Express is flammable and care must be taken to avoid sparks or
other ignition sources when using and applying this product.
Safety & Handling:Before using this and all other products read and follow all labels, MDS, MSDS, and technical data sheets. When handling or applying this or any industrial coating or cleaner always wear chemical resistant gloves, goggles, and a properly fitted OSHA approved respirator that employs chemical cartridges. If mixed with other components, mixture will have hazards of all components.
Use only with adequate ventilation! Keep out of reach of children!
Documents & Resources
- Product Sell Sheet
- Application Guidelines
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
- Door Restore Express or Ultimate?
- Site Blog