click to enlarge
Door Restore Ultimate (Part A & B)
UV resistant clear coating, used to revive sun damaged doors. Mix with part B and reducer.
- Hi-performance, high-build two part Acrylic Polyurethane specifically designed for refinishing and restoring dull, chalky or faded metal roll-up doors.
- Puts an actual protective barrier on the door providing a finish that is unparalleled in color and gloss retention, corrosion protection; it is also scratch and mar resistant.
- Fortified with UV inhibitors for added protection, restoring doors to a hi-gloss, like new finish that will last for years.
- Pollution, graffiti, and grime will clean right off.
- If applied at 6-10 year intervals you may never need to paint your doors again!
- This is not a wipe on polymer that needs reapplication every year or two, but a hi-build coating that gives long lasting surface protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both products enhance color and restore the shine of faded doors. Both offer UV protection. So what's the difference?
The main difference is that Door Restore Ultimate is a 2-part polyurethane with a base and a catalyst that is similar to a high end automotive finish. It produces a longer lasting, more resistant 'shell' on the door.
Door Restore Express is focused on producing a similar shine and gloss in a faster drying, easier-to-use single component finish. The trade off for the fast results is that the finish is slightly softer and it is not solvent resistant. However since there is no need to use a catalyst it is easier to touch-up. Door Restore Express will have a lower initial material cost per door but Door Restore is also economical when you factor in that it has two or more times the expected life.
Two great solutions with slightly different options for you to consider.